The plugin is very easy to setup and only contains 1 necessary PHP file.
2. Upload the Twitter Tools plugin into your plugins directory via FTP. From your root FTP folder the path would be: wp-contentplugins
3. Login to your WordPress blog admin account. The web address is by default: www.domain.com/wp-admin
4. Click on the Plugins tab at the top of your admin page.
5. Twitter Tools will be listed as a plugin, but will not be active. Click the “activate” link to enable Twitter Tools to run.
6. Click the “Configure your settings here” or from the Options tab > Twitter Tool
7. Save your Twitter.com username and password into the module. Your all set!
From the Twitter Tools admin page you can add and remove various options. Here’s a quick example:
Show Tweets/Updates on Sidebar
1. Open your WordPress theme sidebar file called sidebar.php. From your root FTP folder the file would be located: wp-contentthemes[YOUR THEME FOLDER]sidebar.php
2. Add the following code anywhere you would like your Twitter tweets to appear:
<pre lang="php"><?php aktt_sidebar_tweets(); ?></pre>
Your tweets will automatically be displayed on your sidebar for everyone to see! For more features be sure to view the Help Documentation
Alex King created a solid Twitter plugin so be sure to support Alex.